Ross MBA Admissions Interview Questions: Round 1 / Second-year student / On-Campus
I was interviewed by a second year MBA student in Ann Arbor, MI.
The student had his laptop for the interview and was working off of a set of questions and topics in order to steer our conversation.
After going through my resume he asked a few typical questions on leadership, teamwork and achievements. He then went on to ask about “Why MBA,” “Why Ross,” and “Why now.” He had a lot of follow up questions to my answers regarding my MBA school and timing. It was apparent he was really trying to make sure I felt Ross was a good fit for me and that I had a sense of direction for my future job search.
I did have the feeling that the interviewer was paired with me and not chosen at random. He had a similar career before school as I did and we also had some similar interests that I had listed on my resume. A lot of his follow-up questions were pretty specific ones that I would not have expected a random student to know unless he/she was in my field of work.
What did surprise me at Ross was the overall friendliness of the students I met for both the individual and the group interview. They were very inviting and were trying to sell me on why Ross was a great choice versus Booth and Kellogg, where I felt like I was selling myself the whole time.
Posted in: Uncategorized
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- From the MBA Interview Archives: January’s Winning Report
- Dartmouth / Tuck Interview Report: January Round / Second-year Student / On-campus
- Fridays from the Frontline: An MBALauncher Shares Her Round 2 Application Process
- Yale SOM Interview Report: Round 2 / Second-year Student / On-campus
- Tops for Tech: The Best Business Schools for Careers in Technology
- Business School Deposit Deadlines: Decisions? Dilemmas? Do Tell!
CLASS SIZE 417
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs