Yale School of Management Draws Record Number of Banks for Annual SuperWeek
While some students have yet to return to campus from winter break at the Yale School of Management (SOM), others have already started receiving internship offers for coveted spots at major investment banks. The offers began rolling in midway through SuperWeek, which began January 2nd and wraps up today, the school reports.
Each year, Yale SOM hosts a week of finance interviews, called SuperWeek, before recruiting for other internship positions begins. This year, a record 11 banks took part in the recruiting event. Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and others are among firms that regularly return each year. This year two new banks joined for the first time, Perella Weinberg Partners and Peter J. Solomon Company.
Even though Yale SOM’s Career Development Office (CDO) states that “employers cannot extend offers until 5 p.m. on Friday of SuperWeek,” a post on the Yale SOM Community Blog by Senior Communications Writer Karen Guzman reported that some students began receiving offers by midweek. The CDO does not condone “exploding offers,” namely ones that would require a response from a student before he or she has completed all SuperWeek interviews.
Of the Class of 2012, 32 percent accepted internship positions in financial services, including 21 percent in investment banking. The median weekly salary for these internships was $1,923, according to a Handbook for Recruiters distributed by the CDO. Thirty-nine percent of the Class of 2011 accepted full-time job offers in financial services, including 27 percent in investment banking, according to the CDO. The median post-MBA salary for these graduates was $100,000.
Learn more about Yale SOM’s Career Development Office.
- Yale School of Management, IE Business School and Others Launch Global Immersion Program (clearadmit.com)
- Yale School of Management Awards Inaugural Scholarship for U.S. Veteran (clearadmit.com)
- Yale School of Management Hosts Winter Break Socials around the Globe (clearadmit.com)
Posted in: MBA News
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Clear Admit is a leading provider of MBA admissions advice and digital content.
Clear Admit provides the latest news on the world’s best business schools together with insider advice on MBA admissions. Founded by Wharton MBA graduates with extensive experience in business school admissions, Clear Admit has been cited by various media including The Economist, Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. Learn more >>
- $641,000 Grant Beefs Up Georgetown Institute for the Study of Markets and Ethics
- 21 Days to Go: Cambridge / Judge MBA Round 1 Deadline
- Social Media in the MBA Admissions Process: How Careful Should You Be?
- 21 Days to Go: MIT / Sloan MBA Round 1 Deadline
- 21 Days to Go: U. Chicago Booth Round 1 Deadline
- Top #MBA Tweets of the Week: China and the Stock Market
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs