Indian School of Business Launches New Scholarships in Bid to Diversify Class
The Indian School of Business (ISB) earlier this month announced new merit-based scholarships totaling approximately $500,000 (2.5 crore INR) designed to attract prospective students from a wide range of sectors in order to diversify the overall class profile of its Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Management.
Called “Diversity Scholarships,” the new grants will be awarded to professionals from sectors including healthcare, government, hospitality, media, fashion and the social sector. Recipients will be selected on the basis of exceptional academic and professional performance as well as personal qualities such as leadership, integrity and community service.
In a recent article in India’s Business Standard, ISB Director of Admissions A. M. Kannan noted that the school has already taken steps to improve the diversity of its class. “The gender diversity at ISB has been narrowed down to 70:30 (male:female students ratio) now, from 80:20 ratio a few years back, same is the case of the engineering and non-engineering students ratio, which was earlier 80:20, and now is 70: 30 (engineering and non-engineering students),” he told the Business Standard.
ISB also conducts information sessions in cities around the globe and uses its alumni network to reach international students, Kannan added.
Learn more about ISB’s new Diversity Scholarships.
- Play a Game, Apply to the Indian School of Business for Free (clearadmit.com)
Posted in: Financial Aid
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- Tops for Tech: The Best Business Schools for Careers in Technology
- Business School Deposit Deadlines: Decisions? Dilemmas? Do Tell!
- Top #MBA Tweets of the Week: #SuperBowl
- Beyoncé, Red Lobster and Harvard Business School: Unlikely Bedfellows?
- MBA Admissions Mashup: Interview Tips, Recruiting, and Campus Visits
- Approaching the MBA Team-Based Discussion or Group Interview: Advice for Wharton & Ross Interviewees
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs