Anonymous Donor Pledges $25 Million to Columbia Business School
Construction of Columbia Business School (CBS)’s new home on the Manhattanville campus has received a major boost in the form of a large gift from an anonymous donor, the school announced today. The gift will also support the school’s Social Enterprise Program.
Of the total $25 million gift, $23.25 million will go toward construction of the new Manhattanville facilities, designed by celebrated New York architecture firm Diller Scofidio + Renfro. The new home for the business school is intended to create a sense of community though multifunctional spaces where students, faculty, alumni and others can exchange ideas. Moreover, it will “reflect the fast-paced, high-tech, and highly social character of business in the 21st century,” the school states.
The Social Enterprises Program, which helps students apply business skills to social enterprise endeavors, will receive the remaining $1.75 million of the anonymous gift.
This most recent gift marks the third major donation CBS has received in support of the campus expansion. Henry Kravis ’69 of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) pledged $100 million in October 2010, and Leon Cooperman ’67, chairman and CEO of Omega Advisors, donated $25 million in April. Both Kravis and Cooperman are members of the CBS Board of Overseers.
Learn more about CBS’s planned new home on the Manhattanville campus.
- Admissions Director Q&A: Columbia Business School’s Mary Miller (clearadmit.com)
- Columbia Business School Establishes New Soho Work Space for Entrepreneurial Grads (clearadmit.com)
Posted in: MBA News
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Clear Admit is a leading provider of MBA admissions advice and digital content.
Clear Admit provides the latest news on the world’s best business schools together with insider advice on MBA admissions. Founded by Wharton MBA graduates with extensive experience in business school admissions, Clear Admit has been cited by various media including The Economist, Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. Learn more >>
- HBS to Expand Spring Peek Weekend to Broader Applicant Pool
- GMAT Tip: Analyzing Sentence Correction
- Understanding the Early Decision Round at Columbia Business School
- Saïd Business School Bestows Second MBA Scholarship for Women
- The Week Ahead: MBA Deadlines & Decisions – 11.30.2015
- Online Threat Prompts University of Chicago to Cancel Classes Today
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs