Johnson Graduate School of Management Wins Top Prize from Consortium for Graduate Study in Management
The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion in American business, awarded its top prize this year to Cornell University’s Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management for the efforts of its students to promote diversity, leadership and community service within the Johnson and Cornell communities, the school announced last week.
Johnson won the 2012 T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More) Award thanks to the academic and leadership contributions of its Consortium students. Johnson became a member school of the Consortium in 2009 and has featured the third largest class of all 17 member schools each year since joining. The Class of 2012 had 33 Consortium members, and the incoming Class of 2014 will have 40 members, making it Johnson’s largest Consortium class to date.
“Johnson’s intense, collaborative community has offered Consortium students the chance to thrive in an environment that is supportive, challenging and meaningful,” Nsombi B. Ricketts, director of the Johnson Office of Diversity and Inclusion, said in a statement.
Indeed, Johnson’s Consortium students have assumed a wide range of leadership roles at the school, including executive positions on the Student Council, Black Graduate Business Association, BR Venture Fund, Latino Business Students Association, Marketing Association, Old Ezra Finance Club, Out for Business and the newly-formed Johnson Diversity Council.
“We couldn’t be prouder of our Consortium students and will continue to leverage our partnership with the Consortium to improve diversity and inclusion at Johnson,” Ricketts added.
- Cornell’s Johnson Graduate School of Management Welcomes New Dean, Faculty Members (clearadmit.com)
- Cornell’s Johnson School Hires New International Recruiting Manager (clearadmit.com)
- Johnson Cornell School of Management Welcomes Record Number of Women to 12-Month MBA Program (clearadmit.com)
Posted in: MBA News
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Clear Admit is a leading provider of MBA admissions advice and digital content.
Clear Admit provides the latest news on the world’s best business schools together with insider advice on MBA admissions. Founded by Wharton MBA graduates with extensive experience in business school admissions, Clear Admit has been cited by various media including The Economist, Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. Learn more >>
- Fridays from the Frontline: Kindergarten Teacher, with MBA from Ross, Pursues Lifelong Tech Dream
- USC / Marshall 2015-2016 Essay Topic Analysis
- Columbia Business School MBA Admissions Interview: Early Decision / Alum / Off-Campus
- Impending MBA Interview? Latest Clear Admit Interview Guides Have All You Need to Prepare
- Top #MBA Tweets of the Week: Campus Activity
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview, Part II
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs