INSEAD Essay Topics 2011-2012
The 2011-2012 INSEAD essay topics have been released! The application can be accessed on INSEAD’s admissions website. This year’s essay topics are as follows:
Job Description Essays:
- Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, clients/ products and results achieved. (250 words maximum)
- Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. If you were to remain with your present employer, what would be your next step in terms of position? (250 words maximum)
- If you are currently not working, what are you doing and what do you plan to do until you start the MBA programme? (250 words maximum)
- Give a candid description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors, which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary. (600 words maximum)
- Describe what you believe to be your two most substantial accomplishments to date (if possible specify one personal and one professional), explaining why you view them as such. (400 words maximum)
- Describe a situation taken from your personal or professional life where you failed. Discuss what you learned. (400 words maximum)
- a) Discuss your short and long term career goals. (300 words maximum) and b) How will studying at INSEAD help you achieve your vision? (250 words maximum)
- Please choose one of the following two essay topics: a) Have you ever experienced culture shock? What insights did you gain? (250 words maximum) or b) Describe the ways in which a foreigner in your country might experience culture shock. (250 words maximum)
- Is there anything that you have not mentioned in your application that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? (350 words maximum) This section is optional.
The 2011-2012 INSEAD deadlines were released in early May.
Need help with your essay?
Call us at +1-215-568-2590 or click to